Frequently asked questions
1. Where are classes held?
The Library or a classroom, usually.
2. When are classes?
Before, during or after-school.
3. How long do classes go for?
One hour before or after-school or the length of lunchtime. Normally, 9 weeks in length.
5. How are classes structured?
Into three segments:
6. Which year levels can attend?
Chess People cater to all ages and abilities, i.e. From Prep to Year 6.
7. What if there is too much disparity between levels?
This happens surprisingly less often than one would think. (However, coaches are trained well to divide the groups according to level and maturity while still maintaining the integrity of the lesson structure.)
8. How much do classes cost?
$11 Per week
9. Do we require payment upfront?
No, we offer a pay as you play option.
10. Do coaches have blue cards?
Yes of course. Chess People is committed to providing safe and supportive learning environments.